MARITIME TRAINING INSTRUCTOR IN MUMBAI
For the right candidate this position offers international career opportunities in a global maritime consultancy company.
WHO WE ARE
We are a group of consultants who are highly specialised in Safety, Leadership and Human Resource Management in the maritime business segment. We have a creative and innovative approach in our work with safety leadership and organisational capacity development in shipping and off-shore companies.
Our years of experience in the maritime world have given us a stronghold of knowledge, expertise and understanding of the maritime business, its strengths and challenges and our services are designed to accommodate these. We can deliver the full course of development – from analysis to process planning and implementation. We apply well-proven and acknowledged learning methods and are constantly developing concepts that can address ‘soft’ issues with tangible action.
The Maritime Instructor reports to our Office Manager in Mumbai. Responsibilities will focus on, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Preparation and conduction of training activities in India and globally
- Development of new activities
- Day-to-day maintenance of our course materials
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone with a positive and proactive approach, who is willing to learn, contribute actively and grow within our organisation.
As an individual, you will be outgoing and enthusiastic with a robust character. You will have a strong drive and be highly target orientated.
You must be able to work independently and innovatively to get results.
Furthermore, we expect you to have a passion for developing and engaging people through our safety leadership courses and other learning and development training concepts.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Master FG Certificate of Competency with a sailing experience in senior rank of no less than 3 years (senior Chief Officers with adequate experience may apply)
- A background in the maritime industry as an instructor will be preferred
- Excellent and effective communication skills towards individuals and groups
- Good team player skills
- Good writing and verbal communication skills (fluent in English)
- Training skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Power Point
- Based in Mumbai and willing to travel globally
- Preferably 30-40 years of age
Terms of employment:
Terms of employment will depend on the qualifications of the candidate and start date will be as soon as possible when we find the suitable candidate. Salaries to be negotiated.
This job vacancy is open until the right candidate is found.
For additional information about the position you are welcome to send an e-mail to Siddharth Kumar.
Please apply with complete CV and photograph, to: Capt. Siddharth Kumar,
Download as PDF: GJ job description