Measure and develop safety performance
The value it offers
The Safety Delta concept contains processes and activities that are highly appreciated and endorsed by shipping company stakeholders such as clients, insurance companies and legislators. It is a cost effective tool to build a proactive safety culture.
The Safety Delta concept supplies shipping companies with a diagnosis helping them to make proactive assessments of the present safety conditions and performance. The tool is named Crew Safety Diagnosis (CSD)
The Safety Delta concept stimulates crew safety awareness and dialogue. It creates the starting point for a focused and accurate dialogue about the crew’s present safety performance.
To encourage the constant improvement of the crew’s safety performance
a learning and development platform supports on board learning and development
activities and processes.
Safety Delta Implemenation
To ensure a successful implementation of the Safety Delta cycle a precise guideline has been prepared to support this work. When embarking on the Safety Delta cycle you are provided with a start-up package containing a number of activities and processes that makes it easy to initiate the process.
The start-up package consists of:
- Safety Delta familiarisation course for office and seafarers
- Officer seminars, explaining the concept and how to implement it
- Safety Delta Quick Guide, giving guidance and answers to all your questions
- Safety Delta introduction animations and auto play slideshow
- Safety Delta interactive on board kit/game
To achieve a strong Safety Delta implementation the process shall be carried out over a period of approximately 6-9 months.
General Services under Safety Delta
The following services are provided for all Safety Delta clients:
- On board learning modules
- On board management guidelines
- Guidelines in report interpretation and Safety Development Plans
Crew Safety Diagnosis (CSD)
- Online/offline survey tool
- Up to 4 CSD reports per year
- Instant report generation and feedback
- Recommendations on safety improvements
System support and development
- Technical and content client support
- Continuous updating of learning library
- Continuous updating of best practice advice, learning tools, methods, inspiration, etc.
See the Safety Delta Services matrix giving an example of a 6-9-month cycle running over 3 years.