Performance management supports the linking of corporate objectives with individual employee objectives and provides a structured process of rating and measuring of performance. It is also a means for expressing expectations towards the performance to be delivered. Setting clear and meaningful objectives constitutes the backbone of effective performance management. An honest, constructive and objective assessment of employees’ performance relies to a large extent on the presence of clear and meaningful objectives. The process includes practical sessions designed to reflect relevant challenges in the performance appraisal process. When we are looking at your performance management, we include a review of your Performance Management System, Competence Management System, Performance Appraisal.
Performance evaluation and appraisal
Research shows that people perform and go beyond expectations in their jobs when they clearly see the purpose and the higher meaning of their job, and if they have a personal interest in it. If we are to develop our employees it is important that we have the necessary knowledge about where and how to develop. Setting expectations is the starting point for this process.
The overall benefits of an evaluation or appraisal process is that it ensures a better basis for performance development as there will be a shared perception of expectations and development needs between the company and the employee. All performance appraisals must result in a development plan.
Green-Jakobsen’s appraisal concept has a high development focus, and includes the definition of performance and evaluation criteria, and rating scale based on a development level.
Benefits and results:
- A consistent, fair and transparent evaluation of seafarers and employees
- Communication of clear expectations and all employees are moving in the same direction
- A continuous improvement/development loop
- Shared concept for all employees
- Tools will be provided for:
- monitoring company performance progression
- ensuring overview of promotion potentials
- creating foundation for recruitment/selections
- rating of employee performance
- comparing results across the fleet as a leading indicator for safety performance
During the development and implementation process of the Performance appraisal we will be looking at the formulation of HR management strategies, link with the competence management system, provide leadership training, revise recruitment procedures and induction of new employees.